Nintendo Direct streamed a massive sneak peek at the new Smash Bros. games yesterday on YouTube, and holy hell, people, these games are going to be incredible. Here’s just a little taste of the badass shiz we can expect to see later this year when Smash Bros. comes to 3DS and Wii U systems worldwide.
1. We have a release date! Kind of.
2. Every level will have tons of music from every game you’ve ever loved.
3. Stages will be different between the versions. Wii U players will get to fly around Mario Galaxy…
4. …while 3DS players get to romp around with NintenDogs.
5. There will be a host of new items to choose from, including this doozy.
6. Boss battles will be a new feature on numerous stages, including the Yellow Devil from Mega Man.
7. New challengers include Greninja and Charizard, plus separate character slots for alternate forms of fighters like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.
8. Returning challengers will enjoy an array of brand-new moves, like Kirby’s adorable fire-powered Hammer Flip.
9. Master Balls will make their debut, so you can summon Arceus, Palkia, and many more legendary Pokemon separately from more common pocket monsters.
10. Two new online play modes will be available for everyone: the carefree enjoyment of “For Fun”…
11. …and the hardcore, totally metal competition of “For Glory.”
12. Nintendo also has a new ranking system that tells you how many people you’ve outscored online.
13. Masahiro Sakurai also told players about new security measures that will deter cheaters and assorted online miscreants.
14. But let’s be honest: the best reveal of the night was that King Dedede will be making a whole bunch of super wacky faces in every match.
Dedicated smashers can watch the whole video right here. Trust me, it’s totally worth it to see the Animal Crossing Villager’s macabre final smash in action for the first time. Personally, I just can’t wait to start kicking people in the face with Samus’s new rocket boots. Summer can’t come fast enough.
All images courtesy of Nintendo.